|You Are The Taming of the Shrew|
You are fiery and feisty. You speak your mind, and you are proud of your dazzling wit.
You are a challenge, and you like a challenge in return. Your soul mate is also your playmate.
Posts Tagged ‘Fun’
I am inviting everybody to my new website, Poetry and Ice Cream. I will still keep this WordPress site as a personal blog. However, moving forward, I will post all poetry in my new site. It’s still technically under construction for now. It may take week, even months, to complete the transfer of all the poems I have ever written. I hope you will be patient and bear with me for now.
Let’s all still keep up with each other from here. I have already made a lot of friends on this website, which is why I am keeping this still as my primary blog.I hope to see you on the other website. Let’s have fun there too. *wink*
Burning heat, scorching sun
Taking out all of the fun
Of a beautiful summer day
As lazy hours pass away.
Sweat, clothes, to the skin, they stick
Shy away from the camera’s click.
My face, covered in oil and dust,
But endure the summer heat, I must.
Yet from afar I could clearly see
Colors that brighten up the day for me
Pink, Orange, Yellow and Blue
And many different flavors too.
Taste, so delicious and delightful
I could eat it in one mouthful
So cold, my mouth and tongue it stings
But oh, the soothing coolness it brings.
Now I eat pink, later, yellow
In my mouth, it melts so
I could eat this everyday
Until the summer heat blows away.
Can anyone tell me or try to guess what I am referring to in the poem?
First of all, I would like to say thank you to Fiveloaf and Wordwand for passing this award on to me. I always appreciate awards that come my way. I am very dedicated to this blog, so any recognition that is given to this blog is always special.
These are the rules for accepting the award:
Rules to Accept “Over The Top!” Award:
1. Answer the survey below in one word.
2. Pass this along to six of your favourite bloggers.
3. Alert them that you have given them this award.
4. Have fun!
1) Where is your cell phone? in front of me
2) Your Hair? quite long
3) Your Mother? is with me
4) Your Father? passed away
5) Favorite Food? ice cream
6) Your dream last night? i can’t remember
7) Your favorite drink? pepsi max
Your dream/goal? i have a lot of dreams… *wink*
9) What room are you in? living room
10) Your Hobby? reading and writing
11) Your Fears? being alone
12) Where do you want be in 6 years? im not sure…
13) Where were you last night? home
14) Something that you aren’t? im not unhappy
15) Muffins? sure, any flavor
16) Wish List item? a new cellphone?
17) Where did you grow up? Philippines
18) Last thing you did? slept
19) What are you wearing? denim shorts and oversized tees
20) Your TV? is a Sony
21) Yours Pets? none
22) Friends? a lot
23) Your Life? if colorful
24) Your Mood? jaded
25) Missing Someone? a couple of friends and close relatives….
26) Vehicle? none
27) Something you’re not wearing? shoes
28) Your favorite store? thrift shops
29) Your favorite color? blue
30) When was the last time you laughed? just earlier
31) Last time you cried? last week
32) Your best friend? don’t have one… i have a lot of “really good” friends
33) One place that i go to over and over? bookshop
34) One person who emails you regularly? Can I consider Facebook a person? ahahaha
35) Favorite place to eat? home, or KFC when im out
I want to pass this award to:
5. Brian Miller
I had late lunch with my girlfriends today. I haven’t seen them for a while now. What’s more was that this was the first time that we were complete. We used to meet up for lunch every now and then, one or two would always fail to make it. Today, however, even Fay, who was the one who always missed out on meet ups, was able to join us. I miss these girls so much.
We all met three years ago, when I joined TeleTech. Ever since then, we have always clicked. We eventually split up, leading our own lives. Leah was already with the OSC while the rest of us remained as agents. The next person who moved on was Fay. She joined the ACE team just shortly before Ynez joined the QA Team. After that, Honey resigned from TeleTech. I joined the ACE Team around May 2008, and Alex also left TeleTech shortly after.
It is amazing how much can happen after months of not seeing each other. Now, we all have very good lives. Leah and Ynez are now mommies. Honey is now with Convergys. Alex is an SME in Etelecare, and Leah is still very successful with the OSC. As for me, well, you know what I am now, and it’s something that I surprisingly love doing. All I can say is that I am happy with where we all are now. I am sure that the future holds so much more in store for us.
I want to pass this award on to my very special blogging friends. This Golden Cup Award was given to me by three people, three bloggers who have been so nice to me in the blogosphere. Thank you so much, Jingle…. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/wings-of-love-and-the-golden-cup-award Shakira http://justmeshakirack.blogspot.com/2010/03/happy-days-are-here-to-stay-lets-dance.html and Wordwand http://wordwand.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/the-golden-award-cup/
I feel so honored that the three of you would think of me when you were passing on this award. 🙂 I want to pass this award on to these people:
Jannie Funster http://www.janniefunster.com
This Blogger Buddy award was given to me by Shakira. Please click on her name, so you can check out her blog too. She is such a thoughtful and sweet person. When William had his birthday, she went out of her way to make a tribute for him in her blog. What’s more was that she contacted the other bloggers to greet William too. She really put an effort into making William really happy on his birthday. When she receives an award for her blog, she always makes a tribute to the blogger who gave her the award. I am indeed very lucky that we got to be friends. She is a gem. 🙂
I want to pass this award on to:
1. Brian Miller (for being really supportive and for visiting my blog everyday… 🙂
2. John (for being very open and friendly, even when it was just his first time visiting my blog)
3. Wordwand (because he has an award for almost every other day)
4. A Leaf in the Breeze (because a girl can never have too many friends, and it’s always best to meet as many new ones as a girl can handle)