My SunscreenDecember 14, 2009
My life was never easy. If I seem like I’m living such a good life, it’s because I know how to deal with things. I’ve been dealing with things my entire life. I’m an expert. When I was 21, I decided to grab a pen and a piece of paper, and I wrote down the rules that I lived by. Well, I wouldn’t really call them rules. I think they more like GUIDELINES. Whenever I start to question my existence, I always go back to the basics. I already shared this before. Let me open this up to the world again, and hopefully, someone somewhere will read this and get something out of it.
1. If you want to understand a person, do not listen to what he says. Instead listen to what he does not say. Learn to read in between lines, and observe the way he says things.
2. The true value of a person is tested during the darkest times of his life.
3. Life is like a game. Sometimes we miss and get hurt. But life doesn’t end where our heartaches begin. It only ends when we give up and stop believing.
4. When you keep putting off things for later, it will soon be too late to do something about it. So if you want to express your feelings, do it now before you lose the chance.
5. Each one of us is unique. We may find and meet people who are a lot like us, but they will never be us.
6. Always be the best version of yourself, and never settle for a second rate imitation of someone you aspire to be.
7. Know all your strengths, and use them in a way that will be beneficial to you.
8. Don’t be affected by the people who ridicule the choices you make.
9. Stand up for your decisions, and try your best not to regret whatever decision you have chosen.
10. You can never make your dreams happen if you don’t take chances.
11. You will always have all the time in the world to travel another road and still another.
12. Make mistakes, and make sure you learn something from every journey you take.
13.Take time to be alone every now and then.
14. Be honest with yourself. If you love someone, say it. It doesn’t matter if the person doesn’t feel the same. Surprisingly, unrequited love is easier to live with than unsolicited love.
15. Laugh and enjoy your life. When you’re old and you can no longer do the things you want, you will only have your memories of all your happy moments to get you through.
16. Bask in how beautiful nature can be. Remember that you are a part of it, and you are just as beautiful.
17. Appreciate everything that you have, especially the little things.
18. Never hesitate to help those less fortunate than you. It doesn’t necessarily have to be financial. Sometimes, the mere fact that you don’t leave their side when they are in need is so much more of a help than money can be.
19. Love is a decision. Love is never easy that’s why it should never be based on feelings alone.
20. Love people as if it were their last day on earth because you’ll never know if it is actually going to be their last.
21. We can never change reality, but we can change the way we look at it.
22. Enjoy the present and what you have now. It’s today that really matters. Yesterday can’t hurt you anymore, and tomorrow is still just an illusion.
23.Appreciate everything you have. You will never know when these things will be taken away.
24. I believe that there is a whole new world hidden in the heart of each and every person. It is up to us to work out a way in discovering it and enjoying the marvels of their secret oceans and hidden mountains.
25. You don’t owe it to time when you eventually get over someone. You owe it to yourself and to the people who were with you to help you get through those lonely days.
26. There is nothing in this world more beautiful than the sunset.
27. If we just look at things appreciatively, everything around us is actually a part of a conspiracy that means to make our lives beautiful.
28. Self sacrifice is not love. It’s natural for us to want to protect the ones we love. But that’s not love. Open them up to the world. Allow them to get hurt, and give it to them to learn from experience.
29. Nothing in the world hurts as much as love does. But that fact is not reason enough to stop loving. Love is the reason why Life exists, so we cannot truly live unless we know how to love.